Macro is program or a code which resides within the Excel file, which may be wont to automate tons of tasks in Excel. Even though macros are mainly related to Microsoft Excel, this feature is out there in various products of the Microsoft Office suite. A macro can be used to automate routine tasks.
Simply record your keystrokes as you perform the routine task and the next time you need to perform that routine task, you just play back all of those keystrokes and all of your work is done automatically.
You can also write code in VBA for Excel and use that for your macro instead of, or in addition to, the keystrokes you recorded. You can assign hotkeys or enter event triggers like On Worksheet Open to run the macro for even more automation.
Macros are written in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), a language almost like Visual Basic..
So let us know how to use macro step by step:-
- First of all, to record macros in Word and Excel, you have to enable the Developer tab. To enable this, you have to go to the Office button and then Excel Options.
- In the second step, by clicking on the popular button, tick the show developer tab and do it OK.
- In the third step, as soon as you do it OK, you will see the option of developers, in which both Visual Basic and Macros will be visible, after that we will create a table in which you will be told about how the macro is recorded. In this table we will generate a perfoma with the help of macro. After this click on record macro and create macro, you can give any name and create your own shortcut key.
- After this we have to insert five rows and type the subject and write their total. to be installed by auto sum
5. In this step you have to set auto sum in all rows and then go back to developer tools and click on stop record. All your macros are recorded in this. Now in the same way you want to write the subject again, you want to write the total. You have to do nothing, click on the other student and go to the macro and get it to run. your job will be very easy.
AT LAST YOU CAN USE YOUR SHORCUT KEY AND RUN MACROS AND MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER
Macros are helpful in automating or repeating tasks by recording and storing input sequences like mouse strokes and keyboard presses. So in this way we can do it with macros and make our data entry even easier. Once this function is stored, it makes up a macro that can open to any possible changes.